Pittenweem

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Pittenweem (1863-1965)

Opened on the Leven and East of Fife Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station on a single track line. There was a goods yard to the south - a siding looped from the line served the second face of the westbound platform and there was a siding from this, served from the east.

There is a road bridge over the former line to the west of the station. A station cottage remains to the south of the former station, by the former access to the goods yard, and a station building remains in use as a house on the former eastbound platform.

To the south of the station is station court, not the former site of the station.


Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map