This signal box controlled a loop and junction on the Tannochside Branch (Caledonian Railway). There was a link to the Bredisholm portion of the Drumpeller Railway at Bredisholm Collieries Pit No 3.
The box was (probably) on the west side of the line at the south end of the loop. The connection to the Drumpellar started from here and there were exchange sidings and, on the west side, Baillieston Shed.
The box closed in 1936 and the mineral line survived until 1964 when it was closed back to Tannochside Junction on the Rutherglen and Coatbridge Branch (Caledonian Railway).
The site is now farmland on the northern edge of the Tannochside Industrial Estate.
Bothwell Park Halt
| Baillieston Shed|
Nackerty Oil Works
Bredisholm Collieries Pit No 3
Tannochside Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Bredisholm Collieries Pit No 4
Bredisholme Collieries Pit No 2
Tannochside Colliery Pit No 3
Braehead Colliery Pit No 5
Kirkwood Colliery Pit No 2
Bredisholm Collieries Pit No 1
Kirkwood Colliery Pit No 3
Kirkwood Colliery Pit No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|