Monymusk

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Monymusk (1859-1950)

Opened on the Alford Valley Railway.


Description

This was a single platform station on the single track Alford branch. The platform was on the north side of the line with a goods yard to the east, also on the north side, served from the east. A sawmill was built in the yard after opening.

Monkmusk itself is around a third of a mile to the north.

The platform remains, as does a goods loading bank. to the north is a former railway cottage.

05/06/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map

Nearby stations
Monymusk
Tillyfourie
Kemnay
Whitehouse
Alford
Kintore
Port Elphinstone
Inverurie [1st]
Inverurie [1st]
Oyne
Inverurie
Pitcaple
Inveramsay
Buchanstone
Lethenty

Other railway and industry locations
Monymusk Sawmill
Tillyfourie Quarry
Correnie Quarry
Kemnay Quarries
Ratch Hill Quarry
Alford Shed
Kintore Sand Pit Siding
Tavelty? Saw Mill
Alford Shed
Inverurie Paper Mill
Tourist/other
Castle Fraser
Fetternear House and Bishop^s Palace
East Aquhorthies Stone Circle
Bruce^s Camp
Maiden Stone
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.