Opened on the Cornhill Branch (North Eastern Railway).
This was a single platform station with a loop, large two storey stone build station building (typical of the line and with a timber extension on the platform side) and large goods yard.
The platform was on the east side of the loop. The goods yard was at the north end, on the east side of the loop, reached by reversal at the north end of the station. The goods shed was at the north end of the platform with the signal box opposite, across the loop.
The station closed in 1930 and line in 1965.
The station building (now a house), goods shed and railway cottages remain standing.
Ford Forge Mill
Other railway and industry locations
West Learmouth Viaduct
Kirknewton Crossing [NER]
Bendor Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|