Martinton Bridge

Location type

Bridge

Name and dates

Martinton Bridge (1850-)

Opened on the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway.

Description

This is a four arch viaduct over the River Nith. To the north are seven arches crossing the low lying land. The A74 crosses over just to the north.

The viaduct is B listed.

The engineers were Thomas Grainger and John Miller.

Tags

Viaduct River Nith

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
08/10/2019

Facilities

Listing: B



Books


An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways

The Glasgow & South Western Railway a History