This was a single platform station built close to the confluence of the River Tweed and Lyne Water, crossed by the railway just east of the former station. Lyne farm is to the north west.
The through line was on an embankment carrying the line, platform (on the north side) and single storey stone station building just to the west of the particularly fine Lyne Viaduct. The goods yard was on the north side, approached from the west.
The Highland and Agricultural Society^s 1906 Border Show was held in Peebles. For this extra traffic there was a temporary box here in 1906.
Another temporary box, called ^Talla Junction^, was located at Rachan Junction
The station closed to passengers in 1950 and the line closed in 1954.
The station building (extended) survives in use as a house as does the viaduct and railway cottages.
| Lyne Viaduct|
Peebles Shed [CR]
Peebles West Goods
March Street Mills
Peebles CR and NBR Junction
Peebles Engine Shed Signal Box
Peebles Shed [NB]
Peebles Tweed Viaduct
Cross Kirk Peebles
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)