Opened on the Newburgh and North Fife Railway.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single track line. There was a goods yard on the west side which was approached from the south. The signal box closed in 1928 but a ground frame remained for the goods yard. The station closed to passengers in 1951. The line closed in 1964.
When opened this was a rural farming location, and it remains so, although there are several houses on the former station site. Luthrie itself is north west of the former station, Luthrie House being slightly closer. A railway cottage remains by the A92.
Other railway and industry locations
Rathillet Mill Bridge
Beet Factory Signal Box
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Wormit Signal Box
Firth of Tay
Hill of Tarvit Mansion
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways