This was a 13 arch viaduct built to carry two tracks (although only the westbound was ever laid). It was built in mass concrete but faced with attractive blue brick.
The viaduct was immediately north of Loudounhill station.
The line closed to traffic in 1939, although used for wagon storage for a time afterwards.
It was demolished in 1985, it being argued that the brickwork was parting from the concrete. The viaduct was a well known landmark and its destruction was much to the disgust of many.
Mossgiel Tunnel Platform
| County Boundary Junction|
Glen Water Viaduct
End of Darvel Branch
Darvel Goods [East]
End of Galston Branch
Newmilns Works (Vesuvius)
Stoneygate Pit Siding - Newmilns Coal Depot
Loudon Colliery Pit No 3
Strath Pit Siding
Maxwood Signal Box
Maxwood Colliery Pit No 1
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|