This was a two platform station with the main station building on the eastbound platform and waiting rooms on each platform. Longforgan itself is a mile to the north.
There was a goods yard on the north side, approached from the east.
To the west was, and is, a level crossing. The signal box (a LMS Type 12 replacement dating from 1929) here remains in operation.
The stone two storey station building (probably the station agent^s house) also remains, but the waiting rooms and platforms are gone. The building is of a style found at most of the former stations along the line.
The line remains open.
HMP Castle Huntly is to the north west of the former station.
Ninewells Junction [Station]
Offset at Back of Law
| Kingoodie Quarries|
Easter Mylnefield Quarry
Grange Signal Box [D and PR]
Esplanade Junction Signal Box
Camperdown Jute and Hemp Works
Tay Bridge [1st]
Templehall Level Crossing
Firth of Tay
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways