Workshops opened at Loch Park in 1921 to replace the workshops at Riccarton Junction. The works closed in the mid 1960s, before the line closed in 1969.
The workshops were on the east side of the line north of the Wellogate Brae bridge. Approach was from the north. Two main sheds were located on either side of the sidings in the middle of the site.
Almost all the works buildings survive in other uses.
| Wilton Mill|
Hawick South Signal Box
Hawick Gas Works
Hawick North Signal Box
Stobs Camp Prison
Stobs Military Camp
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Border Country Branch Line Album
Border Railway Portfolio
Borders Railway Rambles
Carlisle to Hawick: The Waverley Route (Scml)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Hawick 1897: Roxburghshire Sheet 25.07 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Roxburghshire)
Last Years of the Waverley Route
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Railways Of Scotland 2: The Waverley Route DVD - Cinerail
The North British Railway a History
The Waverley Route Through Time
The Waverley Route: The District Controller's View 'Edinburgh (Waverley) - Carlisle Via Hawick'
Waverley Route: The battle for the Borders Railway
Waverley Route: The Life, Death and Rebirth of the Borders Railway
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route