Larkhall Water Tank Signal Box (-1901)
Opened on the Coalburn Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This small signal box controlled a trailing crossover at a water tank between Larkhall East and Dykehead Signal Box. Both box and tank were on the west side of the line at the Daisy Cottages (east side).
In the early days of the railway, before it was doubled, this was the location of Larkhall Colliery. This colliery was on the east side of the line and served by a loop from the line. The cottages survived at the site of the colliery.
The cottages no longer survive. The trackbed has been landscaped.
Other railway and industry locations
Bog Colliery Pits Nos 1, 2 and 3
Dykehead Signal Box
Raploch Colliery Nos 1 and 2
Home Farm Colliery
Home Farm Colliery Signal Box
Millburn Chemical Works
Quarter No 2 Colliery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|