Largoward Goods (1898-1964)
Opened on the East Fife Central Railway.
This was a goods station with a loop and series of sidings to the north, served from the west with a loading bank.
The railway was a goods only line, however a workmen trains service operated (1911 to 1913) to Largoward Colliery, which was was alongside the station.
A railway cottage remains in use as a house. The station site has been cleared.
St Andrews [2nd]
Other railway and industry locations
Sir Andrew Wood^s Canal
Coal Farm Coal Pit
Silverburn Flax Mill
Kellie Castle and Garden
Craigtoun Country Park
Newark Castle [St Monance]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The East Fife Central Railway
The East of Fife Central Railway: The Lochty Line (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
The Railways of Fife