Lancaster Old Junction (1846-1967)
Opened on the Lancaster and Carlisle Railway.
Opened on the Lancaster and Preston Junction Railway.
This was the junction between the approach to the original Lancaster [1st] terminus of 1840 and the extension north by the Lancaster and Carlisle Railway of 1846 which left the old terminus on a short branch.
The old terminus closed to passengers in 1849, three years after the extension, to become a goods station until 1967.
Lancaster Green Ayre
Morecambe Euston Road
Middleton Road Bridge Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Lancaster Old Junction
Ladies Walk Siding
Lancaster (Carriage and Wagon Works)
Morecambe South Junction
Torrisholme East Junction
Bare Lane Junction
Torrisholme West Junction
Euston Road Station Junction
Hest Bank Junction
Lancaster Castle [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The Lake Counties v. 14 (Regional Railway History)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways