Lancaster [1st] (1840-1849)
Opened on the Lancaster and Preston Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
Now known as Lancaster Greaves, it was almost certainly not known as this when open as a passenger station. This was the original terminus of the line from Preston and was left on a short branch following the opening of the Lancaster and Carlisle Railway in 1846 and closed to passengers in 1849.
The goods facilities remained in use and some passenger trains may have used these following 1849. The stub branch closed in 1967.
Lancaster Green Ayre
Morecambe Euston Road
Middleton Road Bridge Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Lancaster Old Junction
Ladies Walk Siding
Lancaster (Carriage and Wagon Works)
Morecambe South Junction
Torrisholme East Junction
Bare Lane Junction
Torrisholme West Junction
Euston Road Station Junction
Hest Bank Junction
Lancaster Castle [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|