Visit Scotland - Kyleakin
Before the opening of the Skye Bridge in 1995 a Caledonian MacBrayne operated ferry service ran from Kyleakin slip to the Kyle of Lochalsh Slip.
With the opening of the Dingwall and Skye Railway to Strome Ferry in 1870 there were daily sailings from Strome Ferry by S.S. 'Oscar' to Portree via Kyleakin and Broadford, the outward trip being in the afternoons and return trip being in the mornings.
The line was extended to Kyle of Lochalsh in 1897.
Kyle of Lochalsh
| Kyle Shed|
Duirinish Wartime Sidings
Kyle of Lochalsh Slip
HMS Port Napier Wreck
Kylerhea Minor Light
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|