Kilmarnock (St Marnocks) (1812-1843)
Opened on the Kilmarnock and Troon Railway.
This was a passenger terminus. It was the first station in Kilmarnock and opened in 1818.
It closed to passengers on 04/04/1843 according to the Glasgow and South Western Railway Association handbook.
It may have been closed between 1846 to 1847 for re-gauging, but more likely it was closed and lifted by this date.
The depot was just off St Marnocks Street.
Kilmarnock (St Marnocks)
Riccarton and Craigie
Other railway and industry locations
Wabtec Rail Scotland Works
Grange Colliery No 2 Pit
Grange Colliery No 1 Pit
St Marnock Mineral Depot
Kilmarnock Water Viaduct
Grange Signal Box [Kilmarnock]
Kilmarnock Joint Goods
Kilmarnock Power Box
J. Walker Kilmarnock
Kilmarnock Joint Shed
Kilmarnock Carriage Shed
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Britains Historic Railway Buildings: A Gazetteer of Structures and Sites
Britain's Historic Railway Buildings: An Oxford Gazetteer of Structures and Sites
National Series of Waterway, Tramway and Railway Atlases: Ayrshire v. 1h
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
The Oxford Companion to British Railway History: From 1603 to the 1990s
THE RAILWAY HERITAGE OF BRITAIN: 150 YEARS OF RAILWAY ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINEERING.