Opened on the Newburgh and North Fife Railway.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the eastbound platform. There was a water tank at the west end of the westbound platform. A goods yard was to the north, served from the east end. Catch points were at the east end of the westbound loop.
The line was not busy and switching out was provided for the box in 1914.
The loop was taken out before closure. The signal box closed in 1928, replaced with a ground frame for the goods yard.
The trackbed is now a footpath.
The station was west of Kilmany.
Ninewells Junction [Station]
Other railway and industry locations
Rathillet Mill Bridge
St Fort West Junction
Newton Ballast Hill
Linkswood Oil Depot
Wormit Signal Box
St Fort South Junction
Tay Bridge South Junction
Tay Bridge South Junction [1st]
Tay Bridge [1st]
Milton Junction [Leuchars]
Tayfield Den Viaduct
Beet Factory Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways