Opened on the Castle Douglas and Dumfries Railway.
This was a two platform station to the south of a level crossing. The main station building was on the westbound platform. There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the south.
The line was doubled in 1878 and the eastbound platform added. A signal box opened at the same time. The box was on the west side of the line and south of the level crossing.
The station closed to passengers in 1959. The signal box and line closed in 1965.
The original station building still stands, in use as a house. The westbound platform also survives. Some portions of railway fencing by the level crossing also survive. Although some new houses have been erected here common sense has prevailed and the trackbed has been left intact.
Other railway and industry locations
Southwick Factory Siding
Southwick Ammunition Factory
Kirkgunzeon Lane Viaduct
Cargenbridge Chemical Works
Maxwelltown Factory Siding
New Abbey Corn Mill
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|