Kenmuirhill Signal Box (-1935)
This was the box for a short mineral line south east to Kenmuirhill Colliery Pit No 2. The box was on the north side of the line opposite the connection and a trailing crossover.
The box was replaced in 1896 (when the Glasgow Central Railway reached Carmyle which was just to the west) and closed in 1935.
The main line railway remains open as a modern electrified double track line.
Mount Vernon North
Other railway and industry locations
Kenmuir Colliery Pits Nos 3 and 4
Kenmuirhill Colliery Pit No 1
Carmyle Goods Yard
Kenmuirhill Colliery Pit No 2
Carmyle South Signal Box
Burntbroom Colliery Pit No 1
Mount Vernon Goods [NB]
Tollcross Tube Works
Clydesmill Power Station
Tollcross East Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|