Inchcoonans Tile Works

Location type


Names and dates

Errol Brick and Tile Works (1863-1910)
Inchcoonans Tile Works (1910-1990)


This tile works was south of Inchcoonans Goods and was served by a short branch. It was owned by the Pitfour Brick & Tile Co.

The works had a 0-4-0ST locomotive built by Andrew Barclay, Sons & Co, formerly used by the contractor William Scott.

From 1910 the works was taken over by A Fraser Ltd who used a rope haulage system instead of the locomotive.

A 2ft system was within the works for which a locomotive was brought from company's Anniston Brickworks in 1965.


Tile works;Brick works