High Street Goods Signal Box

Location type

Place

Names and dates

College Goods Signal Box [NBR] (1904-1908)
High Street Goods Signal Box (1908-1967)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the Glasgow and Coatbridge Branch (North British Railway).

Description

This signal box controlled the east end of High Street Goods. It opened around 1904 and closed in 1967. The goods depot remained open until 1982. The shell of the box survived into the 2000s.

Tags

Junction yard sidings
04/11/2019