Greenhill South Signal Box

Location type

Junction


Name and dates

Greenhill South Signal Box (1886-1975)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.


Description

This signal box was west of Greenhill Lower Junction and Bonnybridge Junction on the Caledonian Railway.

This timber box opened in 1886 to replace Dalnair box, further west at the start of the Greenhill loops, and the previous Greenhill South box, a little further east by the west end of Bonnybridge Junction Yard.

The 1886 box was located on the north side of the line. It remained in use until 1975 when it was taken over by Greenhill Upper Junction box during a resignalling and the layout was simplified, having been rationalised previously.


Tags

Signal box junction loop


Nearby stations
Upper Greenhill
Greenhill Lower
Greenhill
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Bonnybridge
Bonnybridge Central
Dennyloanhead
Castlecary
Banknock
Denny
Camelon [1st]
Camelon
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Larbert
Falkirk High

Other railway and industry locations
Greenhill South Signal Box
Bonnybridge Junction Yard
Greenhill Creosote Works
Glenyards Brick Works
Bonnybridge Junction
Greenhill Upper Junction
Greenhill Shed [CR]
Greenhill Goods [CR]
Greenhill Lower Junction
Dykehead Firebrick Works
Bonnybridge Bond
Milnquarter Brick Works
Broomrigg Colliery Pit No 2
Columbian Foundry
Tourist/other
Seabegs Wood
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.