Gorgie [NB] (1884-1952)
Gorgie East (1952-1962)
Opened on the Edinburgh, Suburban and Southside Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station. Nothing remains of the station.
To the immediate east was Edinburgh Brewery, served by sidings approaching from the north. On the west side, and just to the north, was the goods yard, also approached from the north. North of both sets of sidings is Gorgie Junction.
The North British Railway's branch to Slateford Cattle Market [NB] was added, served from the north end of the goods yard and a coal yard added to the west of the yard.
There was a Gorgie South signal box after 1897, absorbed by the box at Gorgie Junction in 1931.
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Gorgie East Goods
Gorgie East Minerals
Gorgie West Goods
Exhibition Junction [CR]
Slateford Junction [1st]
Slateford Railway Laundry
Tynecastle Bridge Signal Box
North British Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|