Goodyear Factory (1956-1979)
Served by the Industry (without sidings).
The Goodyear Factory in Drumchapel was opened south of the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway and north east of the Great Western Road Boulevard. The location was not rail served.
The site opened just as Drumchapel was build, providing a workforce for the plant.
Closure led to many local redundancies, difficult for an area already suffering from lost jobs at the shipyards.
After being vacant for some time, it is now the Great Western Retail Park .
Singer Workers Platforms
Other railway and industry locations
Albion Motors Ltd
Singer Signal Box
North British Chemical Works
Clydebank East Shed
Clydebank Dock Yard
Hutcheson Colliery Pit No 2
Clydebank Dock West Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|