Opened on the Dundee and Perth Railway.
This was a two platform station just south of Glencarse village. To the west is Inchyra House, to the north Glencarse House and to the south Pitfour Castle.
The main building was on the eastbound platform. There was a goods yard to the east, north of the line and approached from the east. Opposite this was the signal box, off the east end of the eastbound platform.
South of the line, and east of the station, was a line which, via a reversing spur, served the Pitfour Brick and Tile Works.
The station closed in 1956 and box in 1964.
The line remains open. The station house still stands and there is a footbridge over the line.
Since closure of the station, there has been much house development at St Madoes, to the south west of the former station.
Bridge of Earn [1st]
Bridge of Earn [2nd]
Perth Princes Street
Other railway and industry locations
Pitfour Brick and Tile Works
Pitfour Clay Pit
Heavy Horse Centre
Abernethy Round Tower
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways