Opened on the Cornhill Branch (North Eastern Railway).
This was a single platform station with a passing loop. The platform line was the slow line, on the west side. Glanton itself, a village, is off to the west. The two storey station building was typical of the line.
The goods yard was on the west side, accessed from the south end of the platform line and with a siding reached by reversal. Coal drops were at the south end.
The station closed to passengers in 1930 and completely in 1953.
The station building is now a house. Railway cottages, which were to its north, also survive. To the south the line crossed over a road with a single track skewed masonry and brick arch bridge which survives.
Other railway and industry locations
Alnwick Power Station
Haugh Head Crossing
Littlemill Lime Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|