Opened on the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway.
This was a two platform station to the south east of the village of Fourstones. The main station building was on the eastbound platform with awaiting room on the westbound.
To the east of the station, and north of the line, were the exchange sidings for the Fourstones Colliery and Lime Works, which were connected by an inclined plane waggonway running north to Fourstones Quarries and Prudhamstone Quarries.
Nothing now remains of the station except a railway cottage. The Railway Inn (closed 2015) is on the former station approach from village.
Haydon Bridge [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Fourstones Colliery and Lime Works
Glen due Quarry
Howford Brick and Tile Works
Acomb Colliery Junction [2nd]
Acomb Colliery Junction [1st]
Acomb Colliery Coke Ovens
Tyne Viaduct [Border Counties]
Border Counties Junction
Chesters Roman Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: A Mature Art v. 2
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: Pioneers v. 1
A History of the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway, 1824 - 1870: The First Line Across Britain
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Newcastle (Rail Centres)
North Eastern Railway: Historical Maps