Forth Bridge Signal Box (1885-1970)
Opened on the Alloa Railway.
This signal box controlled the northern approach to Alloa Bridge (Alloa swing bridge over the River Forth). The box was on the west side of the embankment just north of the bridge.
To the north, the line was double track and the line over the bridge was single track.
There was a safety boathouse nearby also on the north bank of the river, just to the east of the bridge.
The line closed to passengers in 1968 and completely in 1970.
The site has been obliterated with the removal of the embankment.
Menstrie and Glenochil
Clackmannan and Kennet
Other railway and industry locations
Forth Bridge Signal Box
Eglinton Bottling Stores
Kelliebank Glass Works
Forth Shipbuilding Yard
Kelliebank Bottling Stores
Alloa Shed [CR]
Alloa Marshalling Yard
Alloa Glass Works
Bass Crest Brewery
Alloa Goods [CR]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|