Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Inverness and Nairn Railway.
This was a single platform station largely to the east of a road overbridge. The platform was to the south of the running line.
There was a goods yard to the east, on the south side of the line and approached from the west.
The line was doubled in 1864, a second platform being added for eastbound trains.
A signal box opened in 1885.
The station building survived to serve Gollanfield Junction, the reconstruction of the station which was largely to the west of the road bridge. Entry was via the original station.
The station building still stands, in use as a house.
Fort George [2nd]
Castle Stuart Platform
| Ardesier Platform construction yard|
Dalcross Timber Siding
Shore Mill Bridge
Fort George [Fort]
Culloden Battlefield Memorial
Rosehaugh Level Crossing
Allerton Level Crossing
Woodside Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|