Fordell House

Location type


Name and dates

Fordell House

Opened on the Tourist - Castles and big houses.


Description

This mansion house was built to replace Fordell Castle which was nearby. The house has not survived, having been demolished in the 1960s.

Sir Robert Henderson (4th Baronet) and his son Sir John Henderson (5th Baronet ) owned the estate during the improvements to the mining on the estate, the development of St David's Harbour and the building of the Fordell Railway.

05/07/2018

Tags

House

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67