Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Fochabers Branch (Highland Railway).
This station is closed. This was the closest station to Fochabers, although even this station was across the Fochabers Bridge, crossing the River Spey, from the town. It was the end of a short branch from Orbliston Junction.
The station had a single platform with a loop. The platform was on the north side of the line. There was a water column, the tank being to the south of the engine shed approach.
To the west there was a goods yard on the north side of the line, approached from the west.
The signal box, opened with the station, was south of the line at the west end of the loop.
There was a locomotive shed (Fochabers Town Shed) on the south side of the line. It was approached from the east, ie from the west end of the loop.
The station closed to passengers in 1931. The box closed in 1940 when one-engine-in-steam was insituted. A ground frame was fitted.
The line closed in 1966.
The station building remains, in use as a house, in what is now a street.
Baxters Foods is based nearby, just a little north of the former station. The company was formed in 1868.
| Fochabers Town Shed|
Boat o' Brig Viaduct
Coleburn Gravel Pit
Tugnet Ice House
Glen Elgin Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/07/1894||Fochabers Branch (Highland Railway)|
Fochabers renamed Fochabers Town.
|14/09/1931||Fochabers Branch (Highland Railway)|
Fochabers Town to Orbliston Junction closed to passengers.
|28/03/1966||Fochabers Branch (Highland Railway)|
Fochabers Town to Orbliston Junction closed to freight.