Fallside Junction (1877-1950)
Opened on the Bothwell Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Opened on the Clydesdale Junction Railway.
The Bothwell [CR] branch started from this junction, immediately east of Fallside station. The signal box here was 'Bothwell Junction'. The first version of this was on the north side of junction. It was replaced in 1897 with a second box on the south side of the junction. This was when the Bothwell Park Brick Works opened. This was served by sidings on the north side of the main line, approached from the junction which was to the west.
The branch was originally double track but singled in 1929.
Bothwell [CR] closed to passengers in 1950.
The route of the branch has since been built over. The main line remains open.
Bothwell Park Halt
Bothwell [North British]
Other railway and industry locations
Bothwell Park Quarry
Bothwell Park Brick Works
Hamilton Palace Junction
Bothwell Park Signal Box
Uddingston Cement Depot
Bothwell Park Colliery Pits No 1 and 2
Viewpark Colliery Signal Box
Bothwell Park Colliery Signal Box
Bothwell and Uddingston Gas Works
East Parkhead Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Tannochside Colliery Pit No 3
Bellshill South Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|