Esk Viaduct [Cumbria]

Location type

Bridge


Name and dates

Esk Viaduct [Cumbria] (1847-)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This is a long, wide and low concrete viaduct carrying three tracks. The viaduct was replaced for the opening of the Kingmoor Marshalling Yard. It crosses the River Esk and the floodplains to both north and south. It is carried on a large number of piers.

To the north is Mossband Junction and to the south the former station at Floriston.

01/08/2018

Tags

Viaduct

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map