Opened on the Leven and East of Fife Railway.
This station is closed. This was originally a single platform station with a loop. To the north of the loop was the passenger platform and to the south a loading bank, which was an island with a track down either side. To the south again was a siding, approached from the east.
The station was rebuilt around 1898 with a second platform, a westbound, in place of the loading bank. A new North British Railway style building was provided. The old building on the eastbound platform remained. A larger goods yard was laid out to The south, served from the east.
The station site is now housing. A former bridge over the line remains to the west.
The station was at the east end of the town with Elie House to the north.
Other railway and industry locations
Coal Farm Coal Pit
Sir Andrew Wood^s Canal
Silverburn Flax Mill
Thirdpart Level Crossing
Newark Castle [St Monance]
Kellie Castle and Garden
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
The Leven & East of Fife Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)