Edinchip Viaduct [LSFCR] (1905-1951)
Opened on the Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This is an impressive single track mass concrete viaduct crossing the Kendrum Burn east of Edinchip House. From south to north there were five tall concrete arches, a long 82 ft girder section and then two concrete arches. Also known as Kendrum Burn Viaduct.
After closure in 1951 the girder section was removed.
It was was replaced in 1997 with a more lightweight portion which has allowed the trackbed of the line to be reopened as a cycle and foot path.
Nearby to the west is the Edinchip Viaduct [C and O].
Callander Ticket Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Edinchip Viaduct [LSFCR]
Edinchip Accommodation Bridge
Edinchip Viaduct [C and O]
Glen Ogle Rockfall
Glen Ogle Viaduct
Ardveich Wood Viaduct
Balquhidder Old Church
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Nigel Hester Plaque
The bridge carries a dedication plaque.
This section of the viaduct
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Upper Strathearn: Crieff - Balquhidder