Opened on the Dolphinton Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This was a small station in the village of Dunsyre, just south of Dunsyre Mains.
The line is on an embankment and to the west of the station crossed Newbigging Road. The platform was on the north (village) side of the single track line with a small building. The goods yard was to the north, approached from the east.
To the west of the overbridge the embankment is intriguingly double track for a short length.
The line closed to passengers in 1945 and completely in 1950.
Houses have been built on the former station site, although the trackbed remains clear and the passenger platform partly remains.
Dunsyre Hill is to the north.
Other railway and industry locations
Dolphinton Shed [CR]
Dolphinton Shed [NB]
Tarbrax Oil Works
South Cobbinshaw Colliery
Wilsontown Junction [2nd]
Wilsontown North Junction
Wilsontown West Junction
Haywood Colliery Pit No 14
Biggar Gas Works Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Border Country Branch Line Album
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Lanarkshire's Lost Railways
Old Carnwath: Including Braehead, Dolphinton, Dunsyre, Elsrickle, Kaimend, Libberton, Newbigging and Walston