Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway.
This was a two platform station just under a mile south of Broxburn. The main building was on the eastbound platform.
The Broxburn Branch (North British Railway) (opened around 1890) made a trailing connection at the west end of the eastbound platform - a train leaving the branch would run east. There was an exchange siding parallel to the eastbound line east of the junction, connecting to the branch. There was originally a connection to the westbound line at the west end of this siding.
South of the passenger station were the goods yard sidings, a pair of sidings approached by reversing from the west.
The station^s signal box was at the west end, south side of the lines. This closed in 1940, replaced by a ground frame.
The station closed in 1951. Broxburn Oil Works refinery closed around 1960. The branch closed in 1965.
Today the main station building has become a house.
Ratho (Low Level)
| Muirhead Canal Bridge|
Roman Camp Oil Works
Pumpherston Oil Works
Broxburn Oil Works
Camps Junction [NB]
Albyn Oil Works
Middleton Hall Sidings
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian