Drumdow Signal Box

Location type

Junction


Name and dates

Drumdow Signal Box (-1935)

Opened on the Ayr and Cumnock Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).


Description

This was the box for Drumdow Colliery Pits Nos 3 and 4. The colliery was on the east side of the line and accessed from the north. The box was on the east side, just south of the junction.

The box closed in 1935.

The line officially remains open to Killoch Colliery washery.


Tags

Signal box