Opened on the Busbie Branch (Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway).
This was a two platform station to the north of Dreghorn on the east side of a level crossing. The main station building was on the westbound platform.
The signal box (1883) was by the level crossing, east side of the road and at the west end of the eastbound platform.
There was a small goods yard to the west of the crossing, north side of the line and approached from the east.
A short mineral branch ran from the yard north west to Broomlands Coal Pit No 7. Beyond that was Greenwood Junction. To the east Broomlands Coal Pit No 8 was served by a loop on the north side of the line. Beyond this was Perceton Junction.
The station closed in 1964. The box and line closed in 1965.
Virtually nothing remains of the station however the trackbed is now a footpath.
Irvine Bank Street
Bogside Moor Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Capringstone Coal Pit No 7
Greenwood Signal Box
Perceton Colliery No 16 Pit
Capringstone Coal Pit No 8
Perceton Coal Pit No 3
Springside Colliery No 11 Pit
Perceton Coal Pit No 1
Bourtreehill Fire Clay Works
Springside Brick Works
Perceton coal Pit No 17
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|