This distillery was established by John Grant, George Sellar and Alexander Mackenzie at a site just to the north of Dalwhinnie village.
The distillery was rail served by a siding running north from Dalwhinnie station. This ran up the east side of the line. The siding was installed around 1899. It remains in cut back form, no longer in distillery use.
Black Island Platform
Fort Augustus Pier
| Dalwhinnie turntable|
County March Signal Box [Highland Main Line]
Carn na Caim
Glas Mheall Mor
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2