Dalraddy Loop (1903-1937)
Dalraddy Loop (1942-1947)
Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.
This loop, opened in 1903, was located between Aviemore (to the north) and Kincraig. The southbound line was the original, the northbound the added loop. Catch points were added at the north end of the southbound line.
Originally there were two signal boxes, both on the west side. The south box was taken over by the north box in 1920 and the loop was closed in 1920.
The loop re-opened in 1942 with a single signal box during the Second World War. It closed in 1947.
The main line remains open today and is single track.
Boat of Garten
Ballifurth Farm Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Balavil Signal Box
Dalfaber Level Crossing
Sgoran Dubh Mor
Carn Ban Mor
Carn na Criche
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2