Dalquhurn Printworks (1715-1962)
Served by the Caledonian and Dumbartonshire Junction Railway.
This bleachworks was located by Dalquhurn Point on the west bank of the River Leven where washed cloth could be laid out on the level ground to bleach in sunlight.
It was merged with the Cordale Printworks, to the north, around 1790, in turn becoming part of the Turkey Red Dye Co in 1897.
After closure in 1962 buildings were reused and those which survived until 1999 demolished to make way for housing.
The site was rail served from Cordale Branch Works Junction to the south, a branch which ran near the river up through the works to Cordale Point and finished at the Cordale Printworks. The branch opened around 1896. It closed north of Dalquhurn in the 1920s and the last portion around 1960. Portions of rails at level crossing within the works survived until site clearance.
Upper Port Glasgow
Other railway and industry locations
Cordale Branch Works Junction
Dalreoch North Signal Box
Leven Engine Works
Leven Viaduct [Dumbarton]
Castle Hill [Brucehill]
Cunningham Graham Memorial Park
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|