This two platform station was some way to the south of Dairsie (also known as Osnaburgh) with the platforms partly crossing over the minor road between Dairsie and Kemback. A loading bank, served by a goods loop, was to the north of the station on the west side. The signal box was at the north end of the southbound platform.
The station closed in 1954 and box in 1965.
Nothing remains of the passenger station but the loading bank is intact.
Dairsie Castle is half a mile to the south of the former station.
St Andrews [1st]
St Andrews [2nd]
| Beet Factory Signal Box|
Guard Bridge Viaduct
Guardbridge Paper Mill
Milton Junction [Leuchars]
St Fort West Junction
St Fort South Junction
Rathillet Mill Bridge
Linkswood Oil Depot
Newton Ballast Hill
St Andrews Shed
St Athernase Church
Hill of Tarvit Mansion
Craigtoun Country Park
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|17/05/1850||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Opened from Cupar to Ferry-Port-on-Craig for passengers. Stations opened at Dairsie, Leuchars [1st], Ferry-Port-on-Craig opened.
|20/09/1954||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife