Crianlarich West Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Crianlarich West Box (1897-1967)

Opened on the Callander and Oban Railway.


Description

Crianlarich Junction had an elaborate layout. The Callander and Oban Railway was doubled from west of the junction through the junction and further east, and the West Highland Railway was also double on approach to the junction. The junction was thus a double track junction. In addition, there were exchange sidings. This box controlled the west end of the layout. The junction and line up to the West Highland were built by that company.

This additional loop on the Callander line allowed the loop at Crianlarich Lower to close, the down line (village side of station) line being retained.


Tags

Junction