Corstorphine [2nd] (1902-1968)
Opened on the Corstorphine Branch (North British Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform terminus approached from the east. The station building was at the buffer end of the station. There were two carriage sidings to the south and a three siding goods yard to the north. A signal box was at the east end on the south side of the station throat.
The station closed in 1968. Since closure the site has been entirely built over with housing, accessed by 'The Paddockholm' which runs through the northern part of the site.
Edinburgh Park Station [Tram]
Gyle Centre [Tram]
Edinburgh Park Central [Tram]
Murrayfield Stadium [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Saughton North Signal Box
Saughton East Signal Box
Saughton West Signal Box
Network Rail Maintenance Delivery Unit Edinburgh
Haymarket West Junction
Gorgie Cattle Market [CR]
Gorgie Cattle Market [NB]
North British Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|