Opened on the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway.
This is a two platform station. The platforms pass under the Tinkler's Bank road bridge. The station building, stone and of two storeys, is on the eastbound platform on the east side of the road bridge. The building is fitted with a platform canopy. The station opened in 1835, a year after this portion of the line.
Corbridge itself is half a mile to the north, over the River Tyne.
To the west of the road bridge the goods yard was on the south side of the platforms, approached from the west.
To the east of the stations were sidings on both sides of the line, both sets being approached by reversal. A gas works and a brick works were served by the southern sidings.
The station building is now a restaurant. Valley Restaurants - Corbridge
Halt a mile to the east was Farnley Scar Tunnel, replaced by a deviation to the south in 1962.
Dilston Crossing, a level crossing, is half a mile to the west.
Other railway and industry locations
Farnley Scar Tunnel
Corbridge Roman Town
Acomb Colliery Coke Ovens
Border Counties Junction
Tyne Viaduct [Border Counties]
Acomb Colliery Junction [1st]
Acomb Colliery Junction [2nd]
Howford Brick and Tile Works
Mickley Bank Colliery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: A Mature Art v. 2
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: Pioneers v. 1
A History of the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway, 1824 - 1870: The First Line Across Britain
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Newcastle (Rail Centres)
North Eastern Railway: Historical Maps