This platform served Coleburn Distillery. To the south was a passing loop with a signal box and sidings for the distillery. The sidings were on the west side of the line and served from the south (the north end of the loop). A siding ran from the south end of the loop to a gravel pit on the west side of the line.
Closure to passengers was early, in 1871. Under the LNER there was a private halt.
The signal box opened in 1897. This was on the west side of the loop.
The box closed in 1966. The line closed in 1968.
| Coleburn Gravel Pit|
Elgin Centre Signal Box
Elgin Shed [1st]
Elgin Shed [2nd]
Glen Elgin Distillery
Glen Grant Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Conditional halt added at Coleburn between Elgin [GNSR] and Rothes.
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway