This is the junction between the Whifflet Extension (Glasgow, Garnkirk and Coatbridge Railway) of 1845 and the Rutherglen and Coatbridge Branch (Caledonian Railway) of 1865. The junction gave access from the north to the Rutherglen route. Whifflet North Junction provides access from the south, completing a triangular junction with Langloan Junction to the west.
The signal box was on the west side. There were loops on either side of the curve to Langloan Junction and a yard, dead end sidings approached from the north, on the west side. Sidings served the Coatbridge Boiler Works. Dundyvan Signal Box was at the south west end of the loops.
The signal box was replaced by the Motherwell Signalling Centre in 1973.
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Calder Iron Works [Station]
| Langloan East Junction|
Stobcross Rivet Bolt and Nut Works
North British Iron Works
Coatbridge Canal Goods
Coatbridge Boiler Works
Dundyvan Signal Box
Dundyvan Iron Works
Langloan Level Crossing Signal Box
Clifton Iron Works
Phoenix Iron Works [Coatbridge]
Coatbridge Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|