This was a two platform station to the north of a level crossing. The main station building, stone built and of two storeys, was on the southbound platform.
At the south end of the southbound was the goods shed (in gothic style and Grade II listed). This was served from the south, over the level crossing. The majority of the goods yard was to the south of the level crossing on the east side of the line. There were coal drops on the west side of the station, served from the north. A narrow gauge line ran east from the goods yard to Embleton Quarry.
A signal box was on the west side of the line, south of the level crossing.
The station closed in 1958. Station building, goods shed (converted) and the base of the signal box remain standing.
| Littlemill Lime Works|
Alnwick Power Station
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
Newcastle (Rail Centres)
Newcastle To Alnmouth.: and the Amble Branch. (Eastern Main Lines.)