Castle Douglas Shed

Location type

Loco shed


Name and dates

Castle Douglas Shed

Opened on the Portpatrick Railway.


Description

There have been two locomotive sheds at Castle Douglas. The original was a two road shed, approached from the east. It's replacement was a single road shed, slightly to the north, also approached from the east. The second shed was built in 1888.


Tags

Shed

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map